Avian Transmitter Refurbishment
Policy & Pricing
Effective October 1, 2018
As a courtesy to our customers, Microwave Telemetry, Inc. (MTI) refurbishes devices at its sole and absolute discretion. Refurbishment of a device is an involved process and the price we charge for this service in no way reflects the cost of parts and highly specialized labor. In many instances, we cannot be certain that the refurbishment will be successful until all of the work has been completed and the device is tested. Therefore, we cannot schedule shipment of refurbished units until after our assessment. In order for MTI to provide the most accurate estimate of refurbishment services please follow the procedures outlined below.
- Prior to sending MTI devices for refurbishment, you are required to provide us with (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) digital images (pictures) of any damaged area(s) of each transmitter housing. The file names of the images must reference the Argos ID (or GSM ID) associated with the transmitter. Ex: 130000a, 130000b, 130000c (Ex: 121a, 121b, 121c for GSM). Examination of these images will allow us to pre-determine if the transmitter has potential for refurbishment.
- MTI is no longer able to refurbish devices produced prior to June 2010. Refurbishment of these units is no longer possible due to incompatible components. Only devices with serial numbers greater than 17200 will be eligible for refurbishment.
- Avian tracking devices in which the hermetically sealed housing has been breached (punctured, crushed, etc.) cannot be refurbished.
- You will be advised on how to proceed subsequent to our examination of the submitted photos and determination of eligibility for refurbishment. At that time please complete and submit a production form. Also include a copy of the production form when shipping the devices to MTI to be refurbished.
- Transmitters must have all attachments (harnesses, etc.) removed prior to shipping.
- All transmitters must be cleaned and disinfected prior to shipping.
- You must confirm that the IDs for all Argos PTTs are in a valid Argos program. You can contact CLS to restore any returned Argos ID numbers if necessary.
- All returned devices should be packaged in their original packaging and shipped via Federal Express (FedEx), which is our preferred carrier. Devices returned via other carriers often incur Customs clearance charges which we must charge back to you. Please refer to Avian Transmitter Refurbishment Procedure for instructions on international returns.
MTI reserves the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, whether or not a transmitter can be refurbished. If a returned transmitter cannot be refurbished, MTI reserves the right to dispose of the transmitter in an environmentally responsible manner.
As always, contact us with any questions or concerns.
AVIAN TRANSMITTER REFURBISHMENT PRICES
|PRICE (IN U.S. DOLLARS)*|
|* Shipping cost and potential duties/taxes are not included in these prices.|
** Pressure-proofed (potted) PTTs are not eligible for programming changes or refurbishment.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Microwave Telemetry, Inc. does not provide any warranty whatsoever, neither express nor implied, for any refurbished unit. The reverse engineering or attempted reverse engineering of any MTI product or technology is strictly prohibited.