Find more info: Purchase Glucophage Discount this content.
PTT-100 70 gram Argos/GPS Solar Powered PTT
In 2001, the researchers of the United States Geological Survey were the first to deploy our 70g Solar Argos/GPS PTTs on a vulnerable subspecies of Greater White-fronted Goose known as the Tule Goose (Anser albifrons gambeli). This first generation of GPS transmitters was the culmination of three years of developmental work. Back in 2001, it was a major achievement to effectively combine a low power Argos transmitter with the capability of a small GPS receiver, thus allowing accurate locations (typically within ± 18m) to be obtained.
The use of solar rechargeable batteries also extended the life of the PTT, thus allowing researchers to track several migrations over a longer period, possibly up to three years. We also included a salient feature of all of our solar PTTs; they are all microprocessor controlled and contain a battery, thus making data collection and transmission possible at night (as opposed to less sophisticated PTTs where transmissions occur only during daytime when the solar cells are exposed to light.)
We have also developed a battery assisted version that has a twofold purpose: first, to collect and transmit data when light levels are such that the PTT cannot recharge adequately (e.g., in the winter months at high latitudes); secondly, to extend the life of our Ground Track (GT™) option to allow researchers more time to locate a downed PTT. Configured as a backpack this PTT is suitable for tracking birds in the 1.5 kg and heavier range. Since its introduction in 2001, this PTT has been successfully used for tracking many large species of birds including vultures, eagles and geese.
Internal sixteen channel micro power GPS receiver
- GPS accuracy ± 18m
- Solar powered
- Microprocessor controlled battery charge management to allow the PTT to charge during the day and collect data and transmit at night
- Temperature, Battery Voltage & Activity sensors
- SiV™ transmission schedule optimized for the new JTA* schedule: the PTT transmits only at times when the likelihood of a satellite pass is greatest, and to contain Argos costs the PTT is programmed to transmit data during only 2 Argos billing quadrants on the transmission day
- Programmable for up to 5 duty cycle seasons (defined by mm/dd calendar dates)
- Programmed to take GPS fixes at user-specified hours, and to transmit at user specified intervals
- GPS parsing software that outputs locations into easily manageable data files and kml maps that can be viewed in Google Earth™
- Configured for backpack attachment
- Can be equipped with optional Ground Track™ feature (additional charges apply)
- Up to three years operating lifetime
- One year warranty against electronic failure
*Joint Tariff Agreement